Top 10 Barn Wedding Decor Ideas That Aren't Quite So Rustic!
While barn weddings are still just as popular as ever, couples now want them to look more elegant and/or modern. There are several ways to do that, but here are our top ten to get you started on a decor plan. Included are also some photos of these elements to help you get started. At Heart Wedding Decor, we can create these styles for your Big Day!
1. Lighting – Don't hold back on this one! This will help to create instant ambiance and make the barn feel so elegant! Barns generally don’t have the greatest lighting – but strands of cafe and/or globe lights hung about the space will make a huge impact. Uplights around the perimeter of the barn will also highlight the natural beauty and feel that only old barns have!
2. Candles – Again, this will help to light up your space and add such a romantic glow. If you use LED flicker candles you won't have to worry about flame in the barn. Our LED candles are very realistic! We carry tea, taper, votive and pillar styles.
3. Vintage Holders – Antique candle holders and vases add a bit of a vintage vibe to your table decor and displays. These can be any style of candle or vessel, from pillar to taper to small tea candles. and any shape of vessel. This photo shows an antique light that is now used as a candle holder or vase.
4. Signs – Chalkboard signs used to be the most popular style for rustic weddings, however, they have now been replaced by acrylics and stained wood. The acrylic adds a modern touch and the stained wood is more elegant than barn wood framed signs. Menu signs/boards, seating charts, unplugged ceremony signs and more can be created on these different surfaces. Here at Heart Wedding Decor, we make all wedding and event signage in-house. We love custom orders!
5. Table Numbers - Most of our table numbers are made in-house, ensuring they are different than anyone else's. Choose from modern, elegant or any combination of these styles. We do also carry premade styles. We've got them for every budget!
6. Vases - We have found that our cylinder vases add elegance and charm to any style wedding, including rustic! Add candles, floral or naturals such as stone to help create the look you are going for.
7. Lanterns - Lanterns have been a super popular choice for rustic and other style weddings, however, now they are more elegant in style rather just rustic looking.
8. Drape –Drapery can be hung from the ceiling or at the entranceway. Nothing looks prettier than a grand introduction of you and your new spouse as you come through a draped entryway.
9. Gorgeous linens – Linens add instant elegance to a space and is one of the most transformative barn wedding elements. Here we did a gorgeous dusty blue and crisp white on banquets at @jordanvalleybarn and navy panama and blush pink cotton gauze on rounds at @shanahansbarn. So much more elegant!
10. Farm Tables (but not like you think) - Farm tables are still our number one furniture rental here at Heart. But we don't generally rent them for just rustic style weddings. The former rustic vibe is now rustic-elegant, vintage style or modern. They've been decorated boho, whimsical and now, dark and moody as well.
What are some other decor elements that can dress up a rustic barn?
Like what you've read? Please share on soc!
#WeddingRentals #WeddingDecorationIdeas #WeddingDecorInspo #nomiweddings #PetoskeyWeddingDecorRentals #DestinationWeddings #CharlevoixWeddingDecorRentals #GaylordWeddingDecorRentals #BayHarborWeddingDecorRentals #HarborSpringsWeddingDecorRentals #TraverseCityWeddingDecorRentals #EastJordanWeddingDecorRentals #RusticWeddingIdeas #MidCenturyModernWeddingIdeas #RusticElegantWeddingIdeas #ElegantWeddingDecorIdeas #VintageWeddingIdeas #VintageWeddingRentals #TellYourWeddingStory #WeddingDecorNearMe #WeddingLoungeRentals #CenterpieceRentalIdeas #NauticalWeddingDecorIdeas #BeachWeddingDecorIdeas #WeddingArborRentals #WeddingArchRentals #TriangleArchRentals #CircleArchRentals #MoongateRentals #DestinationWeddings #HeartWeddingDecor #weddingflowers #weddingideas #weddingplanner #weddingplanning #weddinginspiration #weddingdecoration #Blog #WeddingBlog #WeddingTrends #WeddingTrend #WeddingIdeas #weddingdecor #weddingideas #weddingplanner #weddingplanning #weddinginspiration #weddingdecoration #weddingdetails #weddingstyle #weddingdesign #weddingday#weddingreception#weddinginspo#weddingphoto#rusticwedding#weddingceremony