Trending Now In Wedding Decor
Updated: Oct 31
So many sources reference decor items that are on-trend for 2019 weddings that it gets hard to keep track of them all! Here's how to make it easier (you have enough things to plan)! Let Heart Wedding Decor keep track for you, all in one spot here on the blog. I'll be reporting all of the new trends as they come in from various sources such as Pinterest, The Knot, Wedding Wire, Green Wedding Shoes, June Bug Weddings and more! I will also give some ideas on how to bring these trendy items into your wedding ceremony and reception.
9) Color blocking is on trend for the month of April! What the heck is color blocking? Color blocking, or the use of colors on opposite ends of the color wheel (remember the color wheel?!?) and mixing them together. It began in fashion and has now become on-trend for wedding decor and inspiration. The use of color blocking does incur limits, such as colors in the same family, e.g. pastels, neons, cools vs. warms, etc. The best effect with this technique is to use it as pops of colors rather than go crazy with fuchsia and orange everywhere! Heart loves this technique for votive and other candle holders or for our custom-made table number holders and cards.
8) Vellum made it onto the trending list for April. What the heck is vellum? In the wedding world, vellum refers to a high quality translucent (almost frosty looking) paper. Thankfully, it is no longer made from calf's skin, which is what the word vellum literally means. Here at Heart, we hand make to order signage, table numbers, escort cards and other paper goods and these can be ordered made with vellum. Vellum is also used to wrap vases and votive holders to add a pretty frosted effect. Beautiful!
7) The next trend for the month is custom made throw pillows. These pillows are perfect added to your rental lounge or artfully tossed on an area rug or two. Your wedding guests will love these personalized touches that are uniquely the two of you. Heart can add ink printing or paint in different colors and patterns to the base throw pillow you select. For example, for a nautical or beach wedding, add a stenciled ink anchor or sea creature in your colors to a white or even striped throw pillow. Cute!
6) Frames, frames, frames everywhere is HOT for the month! Create small vignettes in various locations at your venue. These can be framed pics of the two of you, of your family or both. Or frames as table numbers. We can create cute signs for cocktail hour and the bar or your banquet tables. They can be mix and match styles or all can match. Such a fun idea Heart can create for you. We will work with your venue on creation of this at your wedding.
5 1/2) And as seen above, gold is still going strong for the month. We are still being requested gold as the metallic accent more than any other. Gold votive candle holders are our number one request for a gold accent. We also carry gold frames (as seen above), gold candle holders in larger sizes and even gold vintage lounge furniture!
5) Chalk drawings are back! In art and in day to do, and now back in style for weddings. Chalk can be used for signage and for commincating with your guests by way of escort cards and table numbers as well. These signs do not have to be "rustic", which is where chalkboard signage used to fit, as far as styling goes.
4) Grazing tables! Hot, hot, hot trend! These tables communicate such a fun vibe for your guests! Heart has numerous style tables that can be rented for this purpose. Top with kraft paper and voila! An amazing grazing table. Just add a few simple glass votive candle holders or one of our runners to make the table pop!
3) Textile art and yarn is following in the footsteps of macrame being back. These additions to your wedding create a bohemian or natural style. Ask us to make you a sign using woven fabrics! Or rent a textile curtain from us to create an amazing wedding ceremony backdrop.
2) While metallic geometric pieces are still having a moment, painted geometrics are gaining in popularity according to Pinterest. Shown here is a grey geometric shaped ceramic tea candle holder. Pair with other ceramic geometric style pieces for a modern vibe.
1) What is the number one wedding trend for the month of April according to Pinterest search terms? 70s styled weddings! Olive colors, jewel tones and a relaxed vibe. This works for boho or natural themed weddings. Heart carries a kick butt lounge with olive pillows. Add a great vintage throw and/or area rug in these colors tones. It'll be a conversation piece for your guests!
Do you find this information valuable or know someone who might? Please share!