Hottest Decor Trends for Northern Michigan Weddings: The Top 20 (1-10)
Are you having a destination wedding in the Charlevoix, Petoskey, Gaylord, Harbor Springs, Bay Harbor or Traverse City area? Let's talk trends!
Drumroll please for the Top 10 of the 20 hottest wedding decor trends. And as with the first 10 hot wedding decor trends, these may have started trending a couple of years ago, and I predict will continue to be a thing this year.
10) Aaand another nod to "that 70s look"! The return of the peacock chair! This is hugely popular to rent for sweetheart and head tables for the couple to sit at. Disco balls are also trending! And this isn't necessarily a disco ball that hangs over the dance floor, although that is a thing too. It can be smaller ornaments on tables or larger balls in vignettes around the venue. Or mix and match! What a totally fun trend to try!
9) And here is one that is brand new to the trending lists: grid screens. These screens can be used to hold floral, greenery, grasses (most notably, pampas which is still hot), seating charts or escort cards or hanging favors like keys, or just about anything we can dream up for you! This is something no one else up north is doing, other than us here at Heart Wedding Decor. Choose from white, black or gold!
8) Another new one: seating charts and table numbers are now being created on large jars, vases, lanterns, glass bottles and other glass items. What a fun trend! Here at Heart, you can rent glass pieces from us to create the bottle display, or bring in your personal pieces and we will add seating chart or place/escort information for you! Whatever you would like.
7) Here is another wedding decor item that is trending, that at first I went "what?!?!?" and then I started to think about all of the ways we can incorporate it: wallpaper! Head table or sweetheart table backdrops, on a board or wall to cover ugly venue walls or features, to line a donut board/wall; the possibilities are nearly endless and I cannot wait to brainstorm this and have some ideas to blog about or pin.
6) Color-blocking is still on-trend for weddings. For example, reds, yellows and blues are beautiful primary colors that look fantastic for nautical, sports-themed or modern weddings.
5) A new idea that is trending: punny or meaningful sayings or ideas! My husband and I incorporated these into our own wedding as we are both fans of puns and clever sayings. For example, donut walls and boards are a great place to add a saying such as "Do-Nut Leave Without a Treat". We also created a seating chart and plantable favor in one with a sign that read "Please be Seeded". And at Heart, we can provide both the sign and add the personalized saying! Or if you're looking for creative toast ideas, we can help with that too (such as renting a toaster) as seen here. Props-R-Us as needed!
4) Another particular favorite of mine that is still popular: rattan and wicker elements. This material can be pulled in with rattan charger plates, lanterns and other decor pieces. Wicker is fabulous for furniture/lounges and baskets.
3) Another of my favorites: farm tables are still the most popular table style requested. Although now they are being paired with Tolix chairs, garden chairs, bamboo chairs and even in some cases, Chiavaris, rather than purely rustic seating like benches. Heart carries farm tables that are handmade locally, not bought from a mass marketer (and likely, made overseas). Just another nod to sustainability, which is also one of the top trends for the whole year.
2) And still HUGELY popular, and one of my personal faves: acrylic. Acrylic signs and table numbers are HOT HOT HOT and we love them! We create signs and table numbers customized to how you want them. They might be hexagonal shaped table numbers and double-acrylic panes hanging from a metal copper sign. We can do that (and more!)
1) And the numero uno trend? Not being too "trendy". Say whaaat?!?!? What this means is that the "trend" is to pull ideas, colors, vibes, etc. from wherever you might find them and not sticking to one particular idea. For example, for the second year in a row, rustic elegance is our number one requested style. Mason jars and hay bales are long gone, but barn venues are still popular. They are just decorated more elegantly, with wall and/or ceiling drape or stylish candle holders and other tabletop decor rather than purely "rustic" items.
So did I miss anything that is hot in your market? Or that's been shared by a wedding blog? Let me know in the comments! And if you enjoyed this, please share on soc!
#WeddingTrends2021 #Weddings2021 #2021Wedding #WeddingTrends #NoMiWeddings #NorthernMichiganWeddings #PetoskeyWeddings #CharlevoixWeddings #GaylordWeddings #BoyneWeddings #BayHarborWeddings #HarborSpringsWeddings #RusticElegance